Radio entertainment and showbiz

Zoe Ball reveals to listeners burning candle nearly caused fire at home

Zoe Ball told her Radio 2 listeners this morning she left an unattended candle alight which caused firefighters rushing to her Sussex home.

She had left the candle burning in the empty house which set off the smoke alarms, alerting neighbours, who came to the rescue.

“I haven’t told you what happened to me at the end of the show yesterday,” Zoe told her listeners.

Reminding them that on yesterday’s show she was talking about things that have happened to you for the first time, Zoe continued: “Something that happened to me for the first time was that yesterday, the fire brigade went to my house.

“I had left a candle burning in the lounge. I was so obsessed with ‘The Matrix’ and the fact that I had made a cake on Sunday, I had gone out and hadn’t blown out one of the candles.

“It was left smouldering in the lounge and at 9.25am my smoke alarms went off and thank goodness! Otherwise, I might have gone home to no home!”

Expressing her gratitude to neighbours who raised the alarm, Zoe added: “Thank you to my neighbour Abs and my gorgeous Em who called the fire brigade.

“And I’d like to give a big shout-out to Duncan and the Uckfield boys, Joe and Cameron and Steve, who went around, put out the candle and stopped my house from burning down.”

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

You might also like